Dad of Divas' Reviews: Book Review - A Rebecca Mystery - A Bundle of Trouble

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Book Review - A Rebecca Mystery - A Bundle of Trouble

About the Book
Rebecca is put in charge of the new neighbors' baby—and a kidnapper is on the loose in New York City! So when a strange boy shows up asking a few too many questions about the baby, Rebecca starts to worry. Could the child be in danger? The book includes an illustrated "Looking Back" essay about household duties of young girls in 1914.

My Take on the Book
My eldest daughter, Diva-J loves American Girl and the series of books that surrounds these dolls. We have visited to American Girl Store in both Chicago and New York and Diva-J loves to learn more about the history about the eras that the girls themselves lived in.

This book, on the The American Girl series, continues in the tradition of the earlier books that my daughter has read (or had me read to her). This book does not disappoint. As someone who enjoys historical fiction, this book does a great job at tying in fact with fiction. What I loved most about this book (and all of the American Girl Series books) is that it allows the reader to live the story with the girl (or girls) that are in the story itself. They see themselves with Rebecca in 1914, or with Kit during the Depression, and gain a better understanding of our own history as well as the history of our nation.

I highly recommend this book both to anyone interested in historical fiction, both young and old alike! 


All opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced in any way by the company.  Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer or provider. Please refer to this site's Disclaimer  for more information. I have been compensated or given a product free of charge, but that does not impact my views or opinions.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- New to the Divadom or to Dad of Divas Reviews? Please Subscribe to my RSS Feed! Subscribe in a reader Questions?Drop me a line at dadofdivas@gmail.com

No comments: